Its been a while since I posted, there’s been loads of topics that I didn’t cover.
Secondary weapons, finalizing the GUI, finishing the story, improving arena mode and adding skirmish mode. Writing up and adding the Guide.
But what’s closest on my mind is preparing for release. So I’ll write up a few lists…
- Typos in trailer
- Erratic movements when I record – why don’t I slow down a bit?
- Windows Movie Maker crashes – still where would I be without it?
- Marketing assets
- Every single site wants their own dimensions
- When making them – nearly all my existing assets didn’t (initially) work in some particular way
- Can’t fall asleep (nights)
- Can’t stay asleep (mornings)
- Short temper
- Feeling of not enough time
- Constantly checking Steam’s upcoming releases – who will I be up against?
- Typos in emails to media/YouTube channels (I shouldn’t be doing those at late at night)
- Looking for website templates – having to click on the commercial license button – seeing sticker shock (they lure you in with $25 license for non-commercial)
- Tense up for a moment due to some stress – here comes the back pain
Stuff that calms me down:
- I made a game! – stuff of dreams thought
- Recording game play for trailers – and thinking – hey its pretty good
- Watching new trailers – with epic music
- Talking with a player while they narrate what section of the story game they are on – thankful it works!
- Positive feedback on release plan announcement (both KS and Steam)
- Finding a cool/simple template for the website – that’s donation based, sending a donation and getting thanks from the author
- Managing to sleep a little bit
- Knowing I can’t really control much of anything – up to Steam audience
- Making lists